Monday, January 14, 2008

rock and roll


First meeting of the year for the Maharlika Toastmasters Club. I was assigned as TME and I thought of using the theme "Rock n Roll" to start the new year with a very loud bang. I managed to arrive early at the Jade Vine Resto for early preparations and set-up of the place. But as Murphy's Law has it, the things that could go wrong eventually did. My laptop refused to play the videos I downloaded from the web and wanted to show my fellow Maharlikans what real rock and roll looks like. No prepared speakers during that meeting so a video presentation was picked instead. Then the barely perceivable audio from the Cebu discon acted up. Listening to the prepared speeches almost became a burden for some.

IMO, the meeting was a success though. We had four non-TM guests and got positive feedback from the meeting. I hope I started the year right for my club!

No comments: