Monday, May 5, 2008

discon 2008 - evaluation

The heart and soul of every Toastmasters meeting is the evaluation portion. In my opinion, this is why TM matters, because of the instant feedback and helpful criticism you get after delivering your speech. I've been on both ends of this portion since I've been a test speaker for a contest as well as a contestant in the evaluation. Having been party to both, I think I'd rather be the evaluator than the one being evaluated. Why? Just imagine receiving ten different points of view for your work! Not that it's bad, but it's really gut-wrenching if you receive a poor evaluation but overwhelmingly flattering if you receive a commendation. But all things said, I'd still pick the evaluation as my favorite. And so does these contestants.

The test speaker for the district contest was Sonny. I'm sorry I didn't get his full name or from what club he's from. I was busy taking pictures! If any of you remembers his full name and his club, please let me know for proper acknowledgment.

Return to: Discon Mainpage





























The Winners












No comments: